This year, the association received notice from Orange County Code Enforcement that the existing zoning PD documents governing the community largely restrict how the lots are commonly used today. Some examples of rules that contradict current use are:
- Residency can not exceed 9 months per lot
- No mobile homes are permitted
- RV’s must be removed every 6 months per lot
- Property is to operate as a “time Share” transient occupancy, not permanent residence
The Board of Directors voted to retain the Law Offices of John DiMasi to review and draft an updated PD that reflects the way the community is used by residents today. The goal is to propose this revision to the Orange County Zoning Board in order to minimize hardship for the members of the association. This process is expected to take 6 months or longer.
Regular updates will be provided during monthly Board meetings and on this webpage. Please check back regularly for more information.
– Clarcona Resort Managment Team